Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse error at a variable when attempting to upload to the server

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to upload an app to Alteryx server but it tells me that there is a parse error at the filter tool for variable "Vacancy No".  Row 1 of the data was used in dynamic rewrite to get the column names.  The variables show in the select tool.  I also tried to add a new filter tool, but it does not work. 

Roche_0-1661863908090.png

Roche_1-1661864166789.png

Here you can see that the variable names are fine.  I do not understand why it says there is a parse error when I try to load to the server. In the messages and warnings there is nothing mentioned about the filter tool when I run the app locally. 

Does anyone know why the server gives this message when I try to upload?

Thank you,

Rouche

4 REPLIES 4
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Roche,

The error you are seeing when uploading to gallery is of the Gallery machine validating the workflow.

After publishing the workflow and run it from the gallery do you get the same error?

Hope this helps!

Regards

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Roche 

The validation step checks for metadata in your workflow. It doesn't look at your actual data at all, so that's why probably the Dynamic Rename option doesn't generate the metadata desired.

I wouldn't worry about it cause if you run the workflow in the Server, you probably won't find any issues.

Cheers,

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for helping, yes it ran successfully on the server. 

Roche
8 - Asteroid

I hope you can help me with another question:  The app that I uploaded has 2 parts.  Both run successfully separately.  However, when I run part 2 that only pulls denodo views data into the flow (not prompting to upload files), then it seems to not run as an app.  When I run it as an app locally then the rendered tables open up for viewing.  But when I run this flow on the server (as an app?) the tables does not open up.  Do you know why?  Thank you!

Roche_0-1661867782753.png

Labels