Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parse XML to CSV and generate column headers with relevant data

ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx community,

I have started learning Alteryx since a month and I was able to do a couple of exercises from the Weekly Challenges and was more or less successful. 

Now, I am trying to learn how to parse through a Multi-level XML and to convert it to a CSV and also denormalize the data while inserting it into the CSV.

I have tried and was able to achieve a small part of it. One issue that I ran into was when I wanted to retrieve data from the child nodes and sub-nodes of the child nodes.

I am attaching the sample XML, expected CSV output and the workflow of my current attempt.

if you can point me in the right direction or give me any hints, that would be great. I thought of using the "Parse XML Tool" from the community, but my Alteryx version was an older version and I was unable to open it.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
ssripat3
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx community, if someone could help me and point me in the right direction. It would be great. 

I was able to make a bit more progress than the last workflow I shared. This time I a stuck at a place due to multiple tags being called TABLE and ROW. I am unable to get the values from the last tag

Labels