Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Member ID from Multi Line Text Field

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've tried going at this a few different ways with no luck. I am pretty raw yet with Regex and am hoping this current business need will spring my skillset further with some help from the Community here. I have also tried Text to Columns with no luck. 

I need to parse out the Member ID in the dummy example string below into a separate column. Whatever method that can locate and extract it I am open to, whether it's via Regex or other methods. The Member ID can be different lengths, but there is consistency with the line it is contained in and the 4 spaces prior to the number after the line text, which is "TAT Goal: 5 Days Member Details :    2931317250"

Here is what the Comments field looks like and I have also attached a screenshot with the desired output. I have about 26,000 rows in my dataset. Any help on this would be appreciated immensely and I am not concerned about what happens to the original Comments field. *Cannot post the text here without the system picking it up as spam, so attaching via Notepad.

15 REPLIES 15
RifferX
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 let me dummy something up. I have 2 scenarios. One where the Provider info is populated and one where it is not. Be right back.

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 First example below is how the text field appears in a cell and it has Provider Info. The second example does not have Provider info, so I'd want to return a blank for both PROVIDER_TIN and PROVIDER_NAME.

First example

RifferX_0-1660241693339.png

Output columns should be:

PROVIDER_TIN

&

PROVIDER_NAME

BEST WESTERN HEALTH

Second example below:

RifferX_1-1660241920795.png

Need to return blanks:

PROVIDER_TIN

&

PROVIDER_NAME

I am close with what I'm doing now using 2 separate Regex parse tools, but when the Provider info is blank, I am getting a result like --

PROVIDER_TIN            .*Provider Details :\D+(\d+).*

1096148 (this is a truncated number below in the cell without the leading letters)

PROVIDER_NAME       .*Provider Details :([^\d]+).*

Matched TAT rule!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RifferX 

Can you please provide this sample data in excel so that will be easy for me to build a workflow with and help you out.

It probably might be escape newlines and it might work.

PROVIDER_TIN            .*Provider Details :[^\n\d]*(\d*).*

PROVIDER_NAME       .*Provider Details :([^\d\n]*).*

Hope this helps : )

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 Your solution appeared to work but I haven't tested it entirely yet. Sorry, I had a meeting, 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Awesome🙂!! I hope you also understood how it works. 

It's night here I will be logging off for the day. If any more questions, I would probably answer them tomorrow.

Hope this helps : )

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 

I will wait on your response when you get a chance. Really appreciate your help with this as it was a deliverable today. Cheers!

Labels