Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Member ID from Multi Line Text Field

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've tried going at this a few different ways with no luck. I am pretty raw yet with Regex and am hoping this current business need will spring my skillset further with some help from the Community here. I have also tried Text to Columns with no luck. 

I need to parse out the Member ID in the dummy example string below into a separate column. Whatever method that can locate and extract it I am open to, whether it's via Regex or other methods. The Member ID can be different lengths, but there is consistency with the line it is contained in and the 4 spaces prior to the number after the line text, which is "TAT Goal: 5 Days Member Details :    2931317250"

Here is what the Comments field looks like and I have also attached a screenshot with the desired output. I have about 26,000 rows in my dataset. Any help on this would be appreciated immensely and I am not concerned about what happens to the original Comments field. *Cannot post the text here without the system picking it up as spam, so attaching via Notepad.

15 REPLIES 15
RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Bumping this since it got buried due to spam warnings.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Edit: Posted amended workflow below

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @atcodedog05 but I need any Member ID, not just this one in the example. They can also be different lengths, but most are 9 digits with 4 white spaces after the colon. There is also a white space before the colon.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RifferX 

Oops sorry my bad. I guess i forgot to replace number with \d+. Here is the actual workflow let me know if you face any issues.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641830384271.png

Hope this helps : )

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 very much appreciate your assistance. 

When I first ran your latest solution, I didn't return all the Member IDs. When I compared the field strings, I found that there were instances of a different line string, so I shortened the Regular Expression to just .*Member Details :\D+(\d+).* and it worked like a charm!

Thanks again for this, now I need to figure out the logic behind the Regex language because I was way off in what I was trying to do.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @RifferX 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Helpful resource on Regex : 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-RegEx/ta-p/37689 

https://regexr.com/

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

I have a similar situation here where I am trying to pull the Provider ID info and split it out into separate columns. I'm successful at pulling just the number back, but in some instances there is also a Provider name in from of the number (but not all the time). I'm pulling the number back in one column with a Regex parse, but I need to also pull back the name into another column (if a name exists and it can be upper or lower case). 

Dummy data below: Keep in mind, this is just one line in the entire text cell.

Provider Details : BEST HEALTH Care DUMMY 067675131

I am parsing the number part with the code below and it works well.

.*Provider Details :\D+(\d+).*

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 do you have any feedback for my new question above?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RifferX 

Can you provide sample data and expected output for both of the scenarios?

Labels