Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error on loading workflow

JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

When opening my Alteryx workflow process I receive an error message, refer to details below. However, If I run the workflow the error message disappears and I no longer see any error messages. Does anyone know why I am receiving the errors and how this can be prevented when opening the the file from the designer for the first time:

JC500O_0-1578491570701.png

Post the "Run" of the process: the error message disappears?

JC500O_1-1578491642803.png

5 REPLIES 5
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JC500O 

Sometimes alteryx needs a workflow run to load part of the metadata used in some tools.

An example of that is when I use the Dynamic Rename Tool before a Formula Tool. It doesn't recognize the Field Names before I do a first run of the workflow.

From what I see in your workflow this is probably due to the Dynamic Input Tool. Since you're pulling data from there, maybe Alteryx Designer can't guess this metadata before a first run.

Cheers,

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @JC500O ,

Sometimes the workflows stay with old metadata stored regarding the first time it was built. Once you add new variables this error appears (not always). It happens from time to time and mainly when the developer tools are involved.

I am sure that if you tried to rebuild if from scratch the errors should dissapear.

Regards

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

So fast @Thableaus , like always!

JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

I would not want to rebuild from scratch as this defeats the object, would saving the file as a new name / ext work as there may be away of ensuring that any old meta data was removed?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Metadata can also be refreshed by clicking F5.

You can also refresh and re-select a template for the dynamic input. This could help although I am not sure.

Regards

Labels