Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parse Error help

aberthiaume
7 - Meteor

I am getting a parse error at the last character of my formula, but no error is showing in the code.  I was wonderinfg if someone could take a look and see what I am missing.  I have tried to re create the formula and the same thing happens.  Any insight you have would be greatly appreciatated.  Here is a screen shot and the code itself.  

aberthiaume_0-1660926411176.png

if contains([Name2],"Accountability") then "Accountability" else if contains ([Name2],"Leadership and Culture") then "Leadership and Culture" else if contains ([Name2],"Policies and Procedures") then "Policies and Procedures" else if contains ([Name2],"Track, Monitor, Report and Respond to Data") then "Track, Monitor, Report and Respond to Data" else if contains ([Name2], "Patient and Family/Caregiver Education") then "Patient and Family/Caregiver Education" else if contains ([Name2],"Pain Management") then "Pain Management" else if contains ([Name2],"Prescriber and Staff Education and Competency") then "Prescriber and Staff Education and Competency" else if contains ([Name2],"Technical Support") then "Technical Support" else if contains ([Name2],"Tapering") then "Tapering" else if contains ([Name2],"OUD & MAT") then "OUD & MAT" else if contains([Name2],"Community Collaboration") then "Community Collaboration" else "" endif

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @aberthiaume 

Change all of your 'else if's to be 'elseif' with no space. 

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @aberthiaume 

@Luke_C is 100% correct on the formula issue, but I want to address something else with your request.

This formula will be an enormous pain to maintain on a regular basis if anything changes or someone else needs to take over this workflow. I would instead recommend using a reference file and the Find Replace tool to match these values and append them to your output. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1660929339006.png

Take a look at the workflow attached. I think you'll find this method is a lot easier to manage when working with multiple references as opposed to writing giant IF THEN CONTAINS statements.  

Cheers!

Phil

Labels