Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error at char(0): IN(...) Parameter #1 has a type mismatch.

Tim6
8 - Asteroid

Hi There, 

I am encountering some issues with this formula: 

IF [Old Goal] IN("1","2","3") and [New Goal] >= 8 THEN "Yes" ELSE "No" ENDIF

I keep getting this error: Parse Error at char(0): IN(...) Parameter #1 has a type mismatch. 

But i have checked the data type of the input using the select tool and it is double.

This is consistent with the datatype i used in the formula.

Please help.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Tim6, Alteryx doesn't like double quotes if the incoming column is a numeric value (int, double etc.). It needs double quotes only when the column is a string (or variant of string) datatype. The following formula would be applicable in your case - 

IF [Old Goal] IN(1,2,3) and [New Goal] >= 8 THEN "Yes" ELSE "No" ENDIF

Tim6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much @AbhilashR.

It works, but i don't think my new column was added because there is nothing in the data preview. 

Please let me know what you think 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Tim6, would you be able to share an anonymized version of your data for us to look at? Attached is a sample implementation of the formula logic.

Tim6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much @AbhilashR, it works now - I changed the data type to V_WString.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Please mark this post as a solution accepted if you don't mind.

Labels