Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error at Char(1)

Sach_J
5 - Atom

Hey there!

I'm new to Alteryx so still finding my way around it all - wondering if I could get some guidance. 

I'm getting the following error: "Parse error at char(1):unknown variable" for the following formula

Sach_J_0-1627721433917.png

I am certain that all the inputs are in a numerical data type 

Thanks in advance !

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Sach_J 

This formula looks good. Just make sure the 1st column multiplier is getting supplied to the formula too. Can you share the error snapshot.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sach_J,

What I like to do is using a bracket [ to make sure that I am using the right column names. At the screen below you see that you can pick the column names easily from the drop-down thanks to this. 

Emil_Kos_0-1627722311729.png

like @atcodedog05 mentioned it looks like your column name might not be correct but the formula itself looks good. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Sach_J 

Adding to the above points. Another possibility is the field existing when workflow was built later field is missing. This is possible if the columns in input files changes. This is something to look into.

Sach_J
5 - Atom

Sach_J_0-1627723031480.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Sach_J 

This seems like a different formula.

Can you expand all the formulas and show all the formulas in the formula tool.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Regarding the screenshot, another expression may cause an error. Please check the 3rd expression.

Another possibility is that you may use the "Total Cost > NRV(USD)" field in another field that causes an error before calculating the "Total Cost > NRV(USD)".
Expression order is important.

Labels