Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error Using Customer Filter

ldean
8 - Asteroid

Dear Alteryx Community,

I am new to Alteryx and am trying to use the custom filter to get alteryx to choose data where the record id equals Customer_id or Customer_Postcode or Store_id or Annual_visits or Avg_Spend_GBP.

The parse error is at character 11 which is the first equals sign. The error says "Invalid Type in Operator ==."  I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Lisa

21 REPLIES 21
ldean
8 - Asteroid

Thanks its not working because there are more 2000+ columns so the data I showed was just from the first column.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@ldean 

2000 columns or rows?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @ldean 

if you attach your workflow/input data to a comment on here, and screenshot the task that you need to do/give an example output, i'd be happy to work on this for you!

Bulien
ldean
8 - Asteroid

I think I need it to return the data (numeric) underneath the ids Customer_id, Customer_postcode etc.

ldean
8 - Asteroid

This is the assignment I need to do. It's not very clear. I just need to understand what I am doing wrong using that filter as the instructor used it and I should too.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ldean 

At this step

atcodedog05_0-1603818452371.png

This is the formula they are refering to

[RecordID] in (2,4,6,8,10)

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @ldean 

Any closer for you?

TheOC_0-1603818490811.png

attached is the workflow

Bulien
ldean
8 - Asteroid

This sort of works but I still have a parse error. This time  at character 10. I don't understand this.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Screenshot please.

ldean
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much this one worked! Could you explain why you put the rows in apostrophes? (2,4,6,8,10)

Labels