Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error - Invalid character reference -AlteryxModule

pvijendr
7 - Meteor

I have desinged a workflow which gets the data from Sharepoint and put in to HDFS path.  It was working fine initially. But After I changed the Annotations, I am getting weird error messge when I tried to run the macro. I am not getting whats the error meant. I double checked all the annotation and there is no duplicates and I didnt use any special character. Can anyone let me know what is the error meant and where I need to check if this error happened. 

Error Message:

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: ParseError: Invalid character reference at line 19 and column 23530
while processing "AlteryxModule"

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @pvijendr,

If you haven't managed to resolve this issue yet, then try simply opening the module and re-saving it as a different filename.

You would be able to see exactly where the error is by opening the yxmd in Notepad++ and looking at Line 19, but I daresay that newlines have dropped out of the file or something similar...

Otherwise, if you can post or pm the workflow, then I'll take a look.

Kane

pvijendr
7 - Meteor

Hi KaneG,

I resolved the isssue my self. I opened the workflow using notepad++ and validate the xml using xml tool plugin and found the special character in Formula Tool Annotation (Not sure how the special character came there). I removed it from xml and saved it. Now I am able to run it fine. 

Thanks.

McGurts
5 - Atom

I just hit this error with a head scratching work flow this morning. 

It was thrown up from a simple select tool. I only renamed two field names and this error popped up on execution. Deleting the select tool fixed it for me. 

dav13
5 - Atom

We just encountered this too. Don't have a clue how it happened but it was in a Select rename. I followed your solution and removed a &#x1F in the XML. Works now!

RogerL
6 - Meteoroid

Had this problem with a Logistic regression tool. Deleted tool, saved  and then re-added the tool. worked fine.

I had a look at the XML using notepad and couldn't find any faults.

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

@dav13  As a long shot, I searched for &#x1F in my XML and found it. Your comment saved the day!

Rich_U
6 - Meteoroid

Ditto!  Thanks @dav13

dmccandless
8 - Asteroid

Very nice.

See link below for instructions on installing the Notepad++ plug in.

https://github.com/morbac/xmltools

Lucys
5 - Atom

I also searched for &#xA in my xml on Notepad++, replaced it with blank space (multiple times in different tools), saved it and it worked.

I think this error might have happened after I uninstalled and installed again Alteryx (also two different versions). 

Labels