Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pareto Chart with Interactive Chart tool

Angelesayga
6 - Meteoroid

I have been trying to create a Pareto Chart with Alteryx but have not been successful. This is my data set and I want to create a bar chart with the Count field in the Y axis and the Name field in the X axis, this part works but if I try to add the Frequency field as a separate layer and Line type it is not giving me what I was expecting which is a Pareto Chart. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Angelesayga_0-1584383863195.png

4 REPLIES 4
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Angelesayga,

is this what you want?

grossal_0-1584385077492.png

Workflow is attached, let me know if it helps.

Regards

Alex

Angelesayga
6 - Meteoroid

Exactly @grossal! That is what I need, when I try to replicate what you did I get the line on top, how were you able to get this? I also see that in your tool configuration in the Axes section you have Axis to Style: X: [object Object], but I don't have that option. Thank you so much for your help! 🙂

Angelesayga_0-1584396823567.png

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I am not sure what you mean with "You have Axis to Style: X: [object Object]" - can you explain this or show me a screenshot?

I am using 2020.1, that's why I might actually have options that you don't have. If you tell me your version, I might be able to test it in your version.

My process for the chart is pretty simple: 

1. Connect Interactive Chart to Input Text
  2. Run it once to get the data into it
  3. Interactive Chart configuration:
    1. Add Layer
      1. Type: Bar
      2. X: Name
      3. Y: Count
    2. Add Layer:
      1. Type: Line
      2. X: Name
      3. Y: Frequency
      4. Tick "Use Secondary Y-Axis"

I think you might miss the last step. Let me know if you can get it to work.

Alex

Angelesayga
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry for my late reply @grossal, I am using 2019.2 maybe that is why. But your solution works. Thank you so much!

Labels