Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

Parameter (Constants)

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I am writing an Application which allows a user to enter parameters - Date From, Date To, Client, Airline Codes etc.

I have written the application and all works ok.  The final thing I like to do ... is to Display the selected fields on the Application screen/tab (for the user to check/validate) before confirming the workflow to continue. 

I have check Drop Down List/Check Boxes... But I really want the fields to be display only. This must be simple to display these parameters  and I must be missing something and being stupid.

Can someone please help/guide?

Kind Regards

Naresh

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@nbarai

You may be integrating your analytical app to some application( say .net application) and whatever users inputs into alteryx is used to pass through that application then in this case you should store those inputs and display it on that page before submitting it to alteryx.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Viswa

The application is all written in Alteryx and am looking at displaying the parameters in one of the tabs in the application before the workflow is run using these parameters.

I fully understand your suggestion (thank you) but would prefer(if possible) to stick to within Alteryx.

Kind Regards

Naresh

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

To do that, you will need a Chained App (see here for some training).  The first app will run, display intermediate results, then call the second app.  They work together when the input to the second app is directed to the outputs of the first app. 

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Labels