Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parallel Block until done not working with AMP engine

sid_the_kid
5 - Atom

I am trying to work with small workflow with AMP engine On and it is failing.

Can anyone please help with this issue.

1 REPLY 1
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sid_the_kid 

Thank you for using AMP and providing early feedback on the new AMP Engine. We are working hard to address issues that our customers are finding now that AMP is available.

I am not able to see your workflow, but I do know there are some tricks to using Block Until Done with parallel branches in AMP. 

In this documentation page, if you scroll down to the bottom there is a section about Block Until Done: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/alteryx-engine-and-amp-main-differences

Hopefully this solves what you are seeing. 

Parallel Branch Execution and the Tool Run Order

Some workflows read from a file and then write back to it. This requires sequencing to ensure that the read is complete before the write can start. Similarly, a workflow that wants to write several sheets in one .xlsx file needs to write the sheets one at a time. Alteryx Designer provides a Block Until Done (BUD) tool to help partition the work into phases that won’t get in each other’s way.

When working on a workflow with multiple branches (largely separate streams from inputs to outputs), place the BUD tool in the workflow branch with the lowest numbered Input tool ID. This ensures every subsequent branch waits to run until the previous branch is done and the tool works as expected.

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels