Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Page size for different sheets of the output

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have this requirement about the usage of render tool  .

My workflow is generating output with the data available in sheet1 and sheet2 . 

Sheet1 is a summary of sales with 5 fields .

Sheet is details of sales with 48 fields . To allow all the fields to be clearly sorted i took the page size as 20X40  . Now when i run the solution for input file , render tool generates output with sheet1 & sheet2 . 

Sheet2 is fine with all the 48 fields clearly sorted . But sheet1 information 5 fields is generated with additional space due to 20X40 page size . 

Is there a way to assign a different page size for sheet1 .

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I do not believe there is a way to have two different page sizes inside of one render tool. But I believe you can use two render tools to the same file - and that would allow page 1 at one size and page two at another.

If you are getting a write conflict (using the same file without closing it), the block until done tool or a batch macro should allow you to do your pages in a row...

Labels