Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

POST Request using Alteryx Download tool giving me BAD Request error

sbananth
5 - Atom

I am new to making API calls through Alteryx. I am trying to make an POST request but keep getting bad request every time. I have attached the configurations of the POST request in the download tool using the screenshots attached. The POST request has payload parameters that are required and I have added them as a JSON in the query string body of the Payload tab. I have added API auth token in the header. Is there anything wrong that I am doing?

This the template of the json:

{

"report":

"abc_report",

"parameters": {

"date_range": {

"start":

"2022-01-01",

"end":

"2022-01-31"

}

}

}

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

A lot of this will be dependent on your API documentation. Have you gotten this working in Postman or another platform?

sbananth
5 - Atom

The same request works in POSTMAN. I believe Alteryx is not recognizing the parameters send through the string body. It tells me that the fields are missing.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

do you have content_type set in your download tool? If this works in postman see the curl statement that postman uses vs the one you are sending with Alteryx.

You aren't really providing much in terms of error messages for us to troubleshoot.

sbananth
5 - Atom

I believe the curl statement is not the issue. Alteryx is not able to recognize the body I am sending. I have already shared the sample of json body

This is the error message:

{
"error": {
"report": [
"This field is required."
],
"parameters": [
"This field is required."
]
},
"params": {}
}