Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF splitting by internal bookmarks

jgrahamou
5 - Atom

Hello all - 

I have been searching all over the community and online for a way to automate a process i go through hundreds of times and was hoping to leverage Alteryx for. 

Here is my entire process - 

1 - I receive a PDF file that has 1 parent bookmark with 3+ sub bookmarks. 

2 - I apply a watermark to the top of every page of the PDF (same watermark on every page).  

3 - I manually move each sub bookmark to the parent level

4 - I use the Adobe PDF split by top level bookmark feature which saves a new PDF to a folder for each bookmark set of pages and names it the bookmark heading.

I have thought about trying to use some combination of python and Alteryx to automate this as this is a process that's performed 600-800 times at a minimum. 

Another issue I am trying to solve in the process as well: 

The output file name when splitting defaults to the bookmark name - Ideally the original PDF name would add "- bookmark name" to the end. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @jgrahamou 

Can you please provide the Community with a copy of your workflow?

This will help the Community users to see what you have attempted so far, and troubleshoot better for you.
Additionally, if you can provide a sample of the dataset (make sure no sensitive information is included) this will help further as they can test directly.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels