Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF Split code debug

Dave
8 - Asteroid

All

I have an Alteryx flow that separates a large PDF file into individual files based on an Employee ID renaming the files using the Employee ID

I have recently amended the flow to be used on a new file with 35 pages. The split has worked except for a single page in the file.

Here is an example of the file and the expression we are using to separate

Dave_3-1658917395866.png

The flow worked fine except for one page, for which it failed to recognize the Employee ID

The process seems to be failing at one of the RegEx stages (I suspect the first one as it is the one I am least confident about)

Dave_0-1658917039642.png

Dave_1-1658917072899.png

Dave_2-1658917163945.png

Can anyone see anything inherently wrong with the RegEx build that it might be ignoring that one number?

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Dave It's really hard to help in these cases, so what I'd recommend is taking your regex into a tester like regex101.com, and copying the output of that specific pdf parse into the text so you can see if your RegEx is doing what you want it to.

Dave
8 - Asteroid

thank you - I will give that a go

Labels