Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF Output

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have generated two different pdf output using render tool from the same workflow.

I want both the result in single pdf in Page 1 and Page 2 without changing current layout.

Any support will be highly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Paresh1pandya if you union the two data streams together, then use a layout tool to stack these vertically with section breaks you can then render them to separate pages in the same pdf

OllieClarke_0-1673366658470.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Actually @Paresh1pandya, you can do it all in the render tool with the 'Insert Section Breaks Between Records' option in the separator section

OllieClarke_0-1673366762089.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

It might depend on the rest of your workflow, but you could join or union the two pages, use a layout tool to arrange them vertically, then a single render tool to get them in a single PDF.

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

Do you mind sharing the above steps, I have attached my workflow.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I can't test it without your input data, but try this.  I've added layout tools for each page to place the headers and footers, then unioned them before sending to the render tool.

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much Appreciate your support,

Can we place the highlighted last three lines at the bottom of the first page and also place a month name after "Eurex Bond Invoice" looking at the Month from the field Value Date

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@Paresh1pandya Without the input data, I can't make those changes for you, but hopefully it won't be to difficult to make the changes yourself.

As a guess, the "Eurex Bond Invoice" heading is coming from the first formula tool, try updating it to "Eurex Bond Invoice "+DateTimeFormat([Value Date],"%B")

And are you just trying to move those highlighted rows down?  In the layout tool after you input the text, I would try changing the layout height to fixed.  I set that text to align to the bottom, so hopefully increasing the total height to match the page will achieve what you want.  You might need to adjust the height to get it right.

Paresh1pandya
7 - Meteor

Hi Christina,

Once again thank you for your support.

I tried that but it is not picking up dynamic filed value.

Please find attached workflow with Input file, also attaching .png file (expected output)

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

The input files still aren't included, you need to export the workflow as a package (.yxzp) to include the input files.  Or you can share the excel workbooks directly.  At the moment the workflow is trying to link back to the files on your desktop (C:\Users\X01429223\Desktop\Eurex Bond Invoices Dec 22 Alterx Input Data.xlsx)

Labels