Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

PDF Input Tool - Taking excessive time to run

HenpetsGordres1
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to use the PDF input tool for the first time. The workflow so far appears like the below:

HenpetsGordres1_0-1599063587199.png

It has been sitting on 0% across all tools for around 20mins. Not sure if this is relevant in the slightest but on task manager tesseract.exe is nailing most of the CPU %.

HenpetsGordres1_1-1599063756770.png

The directory only has 2 PDFs held within so I'm not sure why it would be taking so long, the subsequent tools aren't doing very much other than basic filtering. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @HenpetsGordres1 

Would you please try to use the PDF input building block directly to point Alteryx to the folder where your PDFs are saved? 

Cheers!

HenpetsGordres1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Christine,

Many thanks for your response, I'm not sure what you mean sorry. The Directory tool points towards a folder with 2 pdf files held within, which feeds the PDF Input tool. Is this incorrect?

I have attached the workflow in the hope you can assist.

Many thanks

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @HenpetsGordres1 ,

your workflow runs fine on my side. can you share the 2 pdfs with us?

HenpetsGordres1
8 - Asteroid

Many thanks for your response, I placed the filter for 'page 1' prior to the 'Image to text' tool which significantly reduced the processing time (2 minutes).

Labels