Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

PDF Input Macro

Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I was trying out the PDF input macro that is available in the gallery however I'm getting an error message as shown below. 

Adarsh_R3_0-1641546457035.png

Any idea to solve this one. I have gone through the documentation of this macro and installed the R package. I have attached the macro, WF and the inut pdf file used.

Adarsh_R3_1-1641546559456.png

Thanks for your time. 

14 REPLIES 14
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

The screenshot isn’t very clear, but it looks like it is having an issue with calling R. Do you happen to have two versions of Alteryx installed (admin and non-admin), as you will have two folder locations  where the package will need to be installed.

Also I expect you have the predictive install of Alteryx as you have the R folder structure? But can you check that in the search bar if you can bring in the R tool and also you have the predictive (brown tools).

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @cgoodman3, yes I do have predictive tools and can access them also I think I have only one version of Alteryx installed in my system.

Adarsh_R3_0-1641547294338.png

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Which version of Alteryx are you using?

As part of the 2021.2 release the version of R was upgraded to R4.0.4 from R3.6.3 (see release notes), so it might be due to that.

Chris
Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

I'm using the Alteryc Version: 2021.3.2.54175 

Also, the version of R is the same that you have mentioned

Adarsh_R3_0-1641548762269.png

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Adarsh_R3 , alternatively you can try out the Image Input tool under the Computer Vision tool category: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/image-input

It’s a tool designed to ingest unstructured data like PDF. However you do need the Alteryx Intelligence Suite starter key to activate the Computer Vision, Text Mining and Machine Learning tool categories.

Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @mutama  thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid it is not activated by my organization. 

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I've checked back on some notes I've got from @NicoleJohnson and @AbhilashR, I think you need to remove and reinstall the packages pdftools and Rccp. The main version I run at the moment is 2020.4 but I can look over the weekend to see if I can get it working on 2021.3.

Chris
Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

I think there is an issue when I run R code. I tried this and it gave me an error. Any idea how to solve this. Should I do something with Alteryx in order to use the R tool?  

Adarsh_R3_0-1641654410792.png

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

You might not have permissions to install packages. Try running AlteryxGui.exe as an admin if you can do that.

In addition, can you install packages using R studio?

Chris
Labels