Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Overlaping period

Neffri
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,
I have a problem which I'm trying to solve. I want to calculate the aging period for each ID.
Problem is when for one ID I have periods which overlaps.
I've attached the draft of data with final table which I want to get.

On Blue I highlighted columns which I have. Rest is only to give you better understand of my task.

I'd be grateful for help.

4 REPLIES 4
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Neffri 

I believe i have got you most of the way there, I have the following answer:

TheOC_0-1620857703823.png

My errors are just with the null rows, what are you doing to calculate these rows?

TheOC_1-1620857719972.png

as under the 2 group, it seems like it is just taking from the last end date - so 9/11/2020 to 9/18/2020 gives the 7, but that doesn't make sense coming down to ID - 3, where we have 10/11/2020, where from 10/5/2020 would be 6 days?

I may be missing something obvious here so apologies if so, but if you can clarify this i can fix the workflow!

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you counting to include first day and include the last day? or which one isn't counting? For example - on a generate dates strategy 9/5-9/14 inclusive is 10 not 9. I have a workflow which does that - but I'm not sure it's totally what you want. Also - I have no idea what the final date should be for the blank in ID 2 and ID 3...

so this is the base workflow I'd use - but the results are quite different than yours.

Neffri
8 - Asteroid

Hey @TheOC,
Thank you for your answer 🙂
Yes, I had error. Should be 6 instead of 1...
Sorry for that...

Neffri_0-1620859010144.png

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Neffri 

Not a problem!

I have a slight issue now, again, apologies if its on me!

I have the following result in the end:

TheOC_0-1620859580813.png

Which turns out to be:

TheOC_1-1620859591303.png

Is this correct? It doesn't line up with your values, but has added up the periods.

If so, i've attached the workflow, i've tried to annotate the tools to give some understanding but if you need further expansion definitely give me a shout!

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels