Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outputting to different tabs in excel withoug union

adnan2234
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone.

We are using our sales and purchase data to do some calculations and find out the fees. At the end of flow we need to output the data into excel. We need to create two tabs, one for sales one fro purchases. If we union sales and purchases data and then use the attached flow, then it does the job for us. Problem is that a lot of columns don't match between purchase and sales so they will be blank.

Is there a way to output to two sheets using render tool but without using the union tool. I'm attaching a test flow.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Adnan.

14 REPLIES 14
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

@adnan2234 

did you do this...

In your case, under your Destination Directory, look for a folder named Outputting_Different_Tabs_Excel.  Open the folder and double-click the yxmd file. 

adnan2234
7 - Meteor

@ChrisTX 

Yes I did it. I had to close the Alteryx instance and open it again and it worked for me.

Thank you!

NJT
11 - Bolide

The packaged version didn't work for me probably a firewall issue on my end I couldn't get your data still but I edited your workflow and did it in an older version of Alteryx so hopefully you can open this without issue. I couldn't run it to test because I didn't get your data but give it a shot hopefully this works.

adnan2234
7 - Meteor

@NJT 

Thanks for the attached flow. I was able to output both sales and purchase data in two sheets of same excel workbook. However, I do need to 'Group Data into Separate Reports' by 'Report Number' field since we have a lot of reports in our flow. When I do that, I can't name the sheets as sales and purchases as you did in your original flow where sheets were named DMA list and Customers_WOBURN. Is there a way to group data  by report number and still gave individual sheets a name of sales and purchase?

Thanks!

NJT
11 - Bolide

Sorry for the delayed response, I somehow missed your reply there, I'll take another look and see if I can't get your sample data so I can play around with it in the workflow. I'm sure there's a way to do what you're asking, in Alteryx there's always a way you just have to find it which is the journey we find ourselves on. 

Labels