Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outputting to Excel template and keeping columns center aligned

asuamat
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I'd like to output data into an Excel file that has already a default template and keep the data that is outputted into the cells center aligned. I have tried several options before hand including saving the Excel file I am outputting to with all columns centered aligned. Still, when the workflow is run and Alteryx prints on the file, the values in the cell by default switch to left cell alignment.

Basically I'd like Alteryx to output data into an Excel file like this:

asuamat_1-1631179585458.png

But I am only able to output data like this:

asuamat_0-1631179538335.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
sparksun
11 - Bolide

Try the following configurations:

sparksun_1-1631180726805.png

The result in excel template,the format could be anything you want:

sparksun_2-1631180837670.png

Note:The Preserve Formating configuration is only available in recent Designer license.

asuamat
5 - Atom

Hi thank you very much.

However, even if I already set columns to be centre aligned before outputting to the workflow, once it is run the output is left-aligned. Therefore, even if I bring in a template that has cells centre-aligned, the output comes out as left-aligned.

I see that in your case this did not happen to you? I.e. you were able to output and have the outputted data centre aligned?

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

sparksun
11 - Bolide

Yes,I didn't encount the same issue you described.You can see from my screenshot that I have set different cell styles in my excel template.

sparksun_0-1631584961014.png

You should config the right range setting to get it down,I guess you have missed something,pls check.  

sparksun_2-1631585338745.png

sparksun_1-1631585170867.png

If you don't see those settings,you have to update your Designer to the latest version.

Labels