Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outputting dynamic rows to an excel file

alamec
7 - Meteor

Hey guys,

Is it possible to output three dynamic tables to specific cels without using the render tool?

I have several tables that contain monthly records, so every month a new record is generated. I need it to automatically update in my excel file.

I am not using the render tool since I can't specify the exact location on the excel.

Thanks in advance!

Chafic

4 REPLIES 4
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @alamec 

Offhand, neither the render nor the output data tool are designed to output to a specific cell.

If you are OK with overwriting an entire sheet, then you could make your data with blank rows and columns in order to push the data into starting in the desired position, but that would overwrite the rest of the sheet.

If you're trying to replace only a portion of a worksheet, I do not have experience with that.

Cheers,

Esther

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alamec 

Agree with @estherb47 , it is also out of my hand that to update certain cells only.
We can read the whole data then update the concernded cells then write the whole data back with Preserving Format option.

alamec
7 - Meteor

Oh okay thanks!

alamec
7 - Meteor

Got it thanks!

Labels