Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm trying to build a logic using Alteryx and not sure if that's something doable. I have a dataset where it contains name of the person and some percentage as seen below

Name                                                     Percent

Bob Smith                                              35

George Williams                                    45

Alex                                                        65

Based on another requirement I got help from the community and built a workflow which uses a macro to output data as shown in below example. I used the rand function which assigned a random value for each group and I would filter the ones where rand<0.3. I assigned a rank for each group because wanted to apply rand filter within each group as seen below

Input

Name                                                         Rand                        Rank

Bob Smith                                                  0.1                             1

Bob Smith                                                  0.2                             2

Bob Smith                                                  0.5                             3

George Williams                                        0.2                             1

George Williams                                        0.5                             2

Alex                                                           0.3                              1

Alex                                                           0.3                              2

Alex                                                           0.3                              3

Output

Name                                                        Rand                         Rank

Bob Smith                                                 0.1                                1

Bob Smith                                                 0.2                                2

George Williams                                       0.2                                1

The filter condition was standard for each group where rand<0.3. Now the requirement has changed and I'm not sure how to do this. As seen in first example each person has a percentage. I need to first check for that value and based on that apply the filter.

For example: Bob smith has a percentage of 35 so the filter should work like rand<0.35. Next George Williams has a percentage of 45 so the filter should work like rand<0.45 and so on. 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Nanoq
8 - Asteroid

Hey
you should join up the two inputs by name, so that you have all in one data sheet
then do a custom filter
see the workflow below.
let me know if this does what you want

Nanoq_0-1634636345915.png

Labels