community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Output with multiple tabs in Excel

Meteor

I am using the Block Until Done tool and it is creating the Excel Workbook output file, but the second sheet is not producing.  In Alteryx, the incoming tab on the Output tool shows the information, but it is not creating the second tab in the Excel output file.  Does anyone know why this is?  The out put tool on the second sheet is set on "Overrite Sheet (Drop)" but i tried "Create New Sheet" as well.

Alteryx Certified Partner
Can you share a screenshot of your workflow setup and the logs that are made to the results window during the output processes.

Would also be good to see the configuration windows of the output tool. For this to work it must be ser to overwrite sheet (drop).

Is the data the same in both output tabs, just separate parts of the data? If so this can be done with a single output tool rather than two and a block until done.

Ben
Meteor

Hi,

You have done all correct.

Please check if you have "Desktop\4 total.xlsx|||Sheet2" sheet2 named in your out put tool for second output.

Asteroid

Have you been able to try what @Shankar has suggested? 

That will surely give you the solution. Also make sure to have the same data schema in the file if you are appending. If not use overwrite sheet. 

Meteor

hey I have a workflow which does something similar , it reads output from one table and writes to two different sheets on the same excel  and attached workflow shows what I have done to achieve it . Hope that helps! ( It uses a text input and writes the data to an excel file under the folder "C:\Data"

Please try using the CReW Parallel Block Until Done tool. 

[video]

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com

cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Meteor

Here is what i have in the path of the second sheet: C:\Users\primoschs\Desktop\Billing\Alteryx Filtered Billing Reports.xlsx|||Expenses

Highlighted
Meteor

@sangpom33  - Have you tried running my workflow? 

Meteor

Yes, for some reason it wont even save the first output it says "Unable to open archive for zipping:(then the file path):The system cannot find the path specified.(3)

Meteor

I figured out a way to fix it, but it does not make any sense.  Alteryx was trying to finish the workstream coming out of the #2 arrow coming out ot the "Block Until Done" tool before finishing the workstream coming out of the #1 arrow.

Labels