Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output with Quater number and Year details

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

In my input, I have order date in the format yyyymmdd (V_string)  . I have used DateTime function to convert , then its converted to yyyy-mm-dd (Date type). Since My actual output needs to be in the format of MM/DD/YYYY , I used one more Date Time function and changed it to MM/DD/YYYY ( V_String ).

1) Is there any way we can convert new date field as Proper Date format. Since this is the field , I am going to use for all my Interface ( From/To ) Action Field. Directly converting to Date type through select Function throwing error/warning while Running

2) Also , by using this New date field, I need to generate dynamic Output. 

For example , If I choose any order dates in the month of 01,02,03 ( Jan to Mar,2021) , then output should be \\Main\Location\Q1_2021.csv

If I choose order dates between 04,05,06, then output needs to be \\Main\Location\Q2_2021.csv..

Like wise Q3 and Q4.

Any help on this

Karthick461_0-1646751336216.png

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @binuacs .

But input date format is yyyymmdd. I need to convert that into MM/DD/YYYY . and then I have to use new date field into dynamic output..

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Attached Sample Alteryx flow. In Filter, I am not able to fix Final Date Range. If I choose Final Date , I am getting equal , doesnot contains, and some other options.. But Actually I need a Range. Which I am getting in Datetime_out Field

Karthick461_0-1646759220170.png

Karthick461_1-1646759391469.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Karthick461 the FinnalDate field is not datetime fype thats why when you select this field in filter tool you are not getting the Date range option, the date range will only work when you use a valid datetime type field. One question why dont you use the DateTime_Out field in the filter tool ? 

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs ,

I can use Datetime_out in the Filter tool and even in below dynamic output.

Karthick461_0-1646760713138.png

But in output csv , End users wants to see only date field .. that's in MM/DD/YYYY. Hence I am trying to change the date in filter itself. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Karthick461 use a select tool and deselect the "DateTime_Out" field and include the field FinalDate field which is in the MM/DD/YYYY format

Karthick461
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @binuacs . It worked..

Quarter function not working for me inside formula(its not showing as function). But I achieved through nested if function.

Might be because of my Alteryx Version(2021.1) . But i got the answer. Thanks much

Labels