Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output tool

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have used block until done tool to write multiple output into same excel file as indicated in attached snapshot. The issue is I tried renaming the sheet names instead of having it as sheet 1,2,3 but the output includes 6 tabs which is sheet 1,2,3 and exact duplicate of those sheets but named sheets. Please see attached file. Is there a way to eliminate additional sheets and just have named sheets? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Just delete the existing Excel sheet and then run the workflow again. The output tools are set up to just overwrite the sheet names that have been specified, so they won't touch the existing ones. If you delete the file and run the workflow it will create the sheets that you have specified. 

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@aparna0208 If the information in the existing file is created by the workflow, I would just delete the excel file and run the workflow. Make sure in the output data tool, you have Overwrite Sheet (Drop) set for all the output data tools. This will make sure that specific sheet is updated at runtime. 

Digan
Alteryx
aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

When I delete the file and run the workflow then it works. And yes, I already have Overwrite Sheet (Drop) set for all the output data tools. Thank you so much for the quick response:) @BrandonB @DiganP 

Labels