Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output tool stuck on percentage

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

I created a workflow a while ago that splits an incoming stream of data into different worksheets of different files, based on a field name. But i have recently had an issue come up where one of the output tools just stops at 48%, and when looking at the folder of the output I see two blank files are created as if alteryx is trying to create another excel file, when I'm just simply overwriting current ones.

I have to manually stop the workflow now. I suspect that  it's  the bigger files  where it gets stuck, but it's only ~50K rows for the biggest file. The workflow is attached but unfortunately I can't provide any good sample data since it's confidential. But if there's anything that jumps out to someone I'd be appreciative.

Alayna_0-1641519395143.png

Alayna_1-1641519415415.png

Alayna_2-1641519486577.png

6 REPLIES 6
SoccerTil
8 - Asteroid

I see that 1) you are using the same base name in both output stubs; have you tried changing the stub name in the second output stub? [perhaps you've confused Alteryx due to timing]

2) you have put some Block Until Done widgets in the workflow; try using the CReW Macro Parallel Block Until Done [it matches your situation]

this is a link to the CReW Macros. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CReW-Macro-Support/ta-p/465740

let me know if you can provide any further details or sample data

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Alayna one more suggestion is to use a sample tool after the input tool and select less records(may be 10,000) to see if you are facing the issue?

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @SoccerTil I will take a look at those Crew macros. But could you clarify what you mean by stub names? Are you saying I should change the filename that output tool uses? Thanks!

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @binuacs I tried that method and still running into the problem. I think it may be a file issue but still researching

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Hi, i wanted to comment that it was actually an issue with the AMP Engine for some reason. I tested it with one file, multiple files, block until done, parallel block until done and all were failing to actually block the streams of data before another output, which caused the output to be "stuck" since the file was technically open. After researching, it seems like the AMPE engine does not work ell with the block tools, but everything works fine now after turning it off.

Thanks for the help anyways!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Alayna Thanks for sharing the issue with the workflow, hope you resolved it.

Labels