Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output tool is not refreshing attached excel

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

In a WF, I am writing results in mutiple tabs of same excel spreadsheet. To avoid result writing issue, block until done has been used with each output tool.

Good part is, in first attempt, wf writes result in all tabs of excel spreadsheet. But, issue is, when I re run WF then it is not refreshing/overwriting results in excel sheet. In other words, it is not refreshing excel sheet.

Note:- with output tool, I am already using setting as to overwrite sheet.

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Vikas038 

Check the modified timestamp on the excel file to see if it changes when you run the workflow a second time.  

Check the workflow results for the output tools to ensure that they are writing something.

Post your results back here

Dan

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Not sure of all your details, but the “Block Untill Done” tool will work fine only if your output path is in the same instance of your alteryx designer machine.

i.e: C:user/alteryx/output-path

If your output path is located in another server (different from the Designer machine) the block untill done tool may not work fine due to two different processing queue (your machine queue and the server file queue).

i.e: //serverfile/alteryx/outputpath

Not sure if that’s the case.

regards,

Tanai

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Vikas038 - Please provide a workflow sample or reach out to support@alteryx.com with all the details.

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Can you please share the sample workflow with dummy data?

Labels