Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to separate excel file with different tab name for respective input data

abhishekyx
8 - Asteroid

I have four containers (A1, A2, A3, A4) in a workflow and I am able to run all the container successfully. Each container (A1, A2, A3, A4) have one common field; example "City Name"

Now I want to take the output from each container in separate excel file based on “city name” and each excel file having different tab name (A1, A2, A3, A4)

For example – File name/ workbook “New York” will have four tabs /work sheet (A1, A2, A3, A4)

File name/workbook “London” will have four tabs/ work sheet (A1, A2, A3, A4)

I would really appreciate the response for the above query.

8 REPLIES 8
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @abhishekyx,

to do so, you can "play" with the fullpath and change it in the output, the only thing you need is to have the same columns after all your containers, here is a sample workflow.

saibal_78
8 - Asteroid

You need to create a new field called "File Name" and mentioned the path details like "C:\users\city name.xlsx|||A1",  "C:\users\city name.xlsx|||A2" and so on for each set of data against city name, then configure your output tool as shown in attachment.

Hope this helps, if not send your data.

saibal_78
8 - Asteroid
abhishekyx
8 - Asteroid

thanks for the prompt response. 

Do I need to join the output from all the container and it will be the input to the further process like you said? 

abhishekyx
8 - Asteroid

@ladarthur 

Do I need to join the output from all the container and it will be the input to the further process like you said? 

abhishekyx
8 - Asteroid

@saibal_78

somehow I am not able to see the image. 

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@abhishekyx yes, if you want to keep it that simple, if not, you could have different workflows doing this stuff, because if you don't do that, you might have to take care of block until done tools. (a bit more complicated to handle)!

saibal_78
8 - Asteroid

see attached

Labels