Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to excel workbooks based on unique field string

DataSetGo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - first post! I have successfully created a workflow and have exported the data to excel workbooks, however, I'm stumped by something that likely has a simple solution. I searched for a solution in the community but still am at a loss.

See example column below. My workflow output is creating 6 workbooks per child field but I want to create 2 workbooks based on the Parent fields A & B (A.xlsx & B.xlsx) that includes all the Child field data.

ParentChild
AA1
AA2
AA3
BB1
BB2
BB3

I tried incorporating a summary tool and unique tool but am still unable to get the results I'm looking for. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
DataSetGo
6 - Meteoroid

***SOLVED***

I resolved the error myself by changing file path in the formula tool and updating the output tool settings.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DataSetGo

In your case, use the "Take File/Table Name from Field" option on the Output tool to update the Table name using the [Parent] field. The standard process I recommend is to create a new field since that can be used in a greater variety of scenarios.

EDIT: Looks like you already got that figured out. Nice work!

DataSetGo
6 - Meteoroid

@CharlieS

Thanks for the fast response!

Labels