Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to excel workbooks based on unique field string

DataSetGo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - first post! I have successfully created a workflow and have exported the data to excel workbooks, however, I'm stumped by something that likely has a simple solution. I searched for a solution in the community but still am at a loss.

See example column below. My workflow output is creating 6 workbooks per child field but I want to create 2 workbooks based on the Parent fields A & B (A.xlsx & B.xlsx) that includes all the Child field data.

ParentChild
AA1
AA2
AA3
BB1
BB2
BB3

I tried incorporating a summary tool and unique tool but am still unable to get the results I'm looking for. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
DataSetGo
6 - Meteoroid

***SOLVED***

I resolved the error myself by changing file path in the formula tool and updating the output tool settings.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DataSetGo

In your case, use the "Take File/Table Name from Field" option on the Output tool to update the Table name using the [Parent] field. The standard process I recommend is to create a new field since that can be used in a greater variety of scenarios.

EDIT: Looks like you already got that figured out. Nice work!

DataSetGo
6 - Meteoroid

@CharlieS

Thanks for the fast response!

Labels