Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to excel multiple files to same excel file. save with current date

jdejesus
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a work flow that will output data to two tabs in the same excel sheet. This will be a workflow that will be ran daily so i would like to have the file name be updated based on the current date. So if the file name is "Cash Balances" i would like the workflow to be ran and save down a new file called "Cash Balances 06-10-2019". 

Attached is my workflow.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

Use a formula tool right before output. The formula tool will be, for this new field:

[ENTER NAME OF FILE]+' '+ToDate(DateTimeNow())

Once you have this new field, you need to replace file name with a field in the bottom options of the output tool. Now you have a dynamic output.

jdejesus
7 - Meteor

Thank you. Took some trial and error and i was able to get it to work. 

TH1015
5 - Atom

Can you provide the details you did to complete this.  I am not having any luck.

jdejesus
7 - Meteor

When you're workflow is complete, add a formula tool that details the filepath and file name that you would like to save your file to. Also add a formula tool to bring in the current date or whatever you would like to add to the file name. Then use another formula tool to bring the file path and the date together. Add an Output data and select any random file that has the file type you want to export to (.xlsx, .csv, etc). On the bottom, select the "Take File/Table Name from Field" and select "Change Entire Field Type". The field to select is the last formula tool that you made. 

Labels