Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to always follow a base template : need help with a issue

Deevi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

There is a workflow where there are 3 game types (Game Type 1, Game Type 2, Game Type 3) and 3 ranges of frequency (0-5, 6-10, 11-15)

When I input the data, do data processing and the final result is something like below:

FrequencyGame Type 1Game Type 3
0-53[NULL]
6-10[NULL]9

Now, I want above output to look as:

FrequencyGame Type 1Game Type 2Game Type 3
0-53[NULL][NULL]
6-10[NULL][NULL]9
11-15[NULL][NULL][NULL]

Basically, no matter what output I get, I want to fill that in a base template:

FrequencyGame Type 1Game Type 2Game Type 3
0-5   
6-10   
11-15   

How can I do this?  May be I can put the template as a Text Input and then do matching in some way?

Thanks in advance. 

Deevi

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Deevi 

You're correct in thinking that the template needs to be defined outside of the input data, but you define the rows and columns independently.  

WF.png

The Game Types and Frequencies text input tools define the rows and columns.  You then append these to generate all possible combinations.  You then join this with your input data, and union the J and R to get the matched and unmatched rows.  Crosstab to get the 3x3 structure that you need.  I put in the added step of of the rename because the Crosstab will replace all spaces wiht underscores in the column names.

I wasn't sure how you get the input data but since you show a crosstabbed table, it's probably something equivalent to the mockup data that I created.  If your Input is the table that you show, then transpose it and use the result as the input to the join.

Here are the results

Results.png

Dan

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @Deevi ,

Another option .

clipboard_image_0.png

Labels