Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to a specific range in Excel

BradBaker
7 - Meteor

I'm attempting to write to a specific range in Excel, but I think I have my apostrophes/quotes wrong.  My output path is:

C:\Users\bakerc12\Desktop\Output Test.xlsx|||'Test1A1:A3'

I get the following error message:

'Test1A1:A3' is an invalid Sheet/Range specification for Excel'

Workflow attached.  Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

You're very close, but you need a $ after the sheet name, so ... 

C:\Users\bakerc12\Desktop\Output Test.xlsx|||'Test1$A1:A3'

so you could also do:

C:\Users\bakerc12\Desktop\Output Test.xlsx|||'Test1$B11:B13'

BradBaker
7 - Meteor

Thanks @cmcclellan.  That works.

rujin
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is there an option in Alteryx that I can fill in value to Excel with conditional values in Excel?

E.g. My Alteryx output:

rujin_0-1582318223017.png

I want to fill in Net Sales and Response Rate to Excel where "Campaign Name" equals "L113" (highlighted part):

rujin_1-1582318958159.png

Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks.

rujin
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is there an option in Alteryx that I can fill in value to Excel with conditional values in Excel?

E.g. My Alteryx output:

I want to fill in Net Sales and Response Rate to Excel where "Campaign Name" equals "L113" (highlighted part):

Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks.

CatheyH
8 - Asteroid

Hi Rujin,

Hopefully you have had your answer by now, but just in case, you will need to create a new thread so that a) people can see it and answer it and 2) the correct answer can  be marked as complete so that others can find the right answer quickly if they have the same question.

C

Labels