Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to a pre determined excel file with built in formulas

AL3XE167
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I am looking for a solution to a manual task. 

We have reporting requirements to central government. They supply us with an excel template, tables that we must populate on certain rows/columns, these also have formulas built in. 

The data that must populate these reports, currently exists in existing Alteryx workflows. How would we go about populating these templates with this data. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @AL3XE167 ,

the Output Data tool has an option to address cell ranges in Excel, so you can specific the sheets/cells to write to. Maybe you have to split your data in smaller chunks and write in several steps, but it's really not a problem (did something similar for an internal sales report).

What do you think? Let me know, if you need more detail.

Best,

Roland  

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @AL3XE167 

You can choose to output to specified range in a specified sheet (i.e. replace only hardcoded value). The formatting can be preserved, see discussion in this thread.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Excel-output-to-formatted-sheet/td-p/5...

good luck,

Dawn.

Labels