Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to a File creates two files - why is this happening?

Mark_Lurie
8 - Asteroid

Is this a normal thing, or is there some setting that limits the number of rows for any output file?

Capture.JPG

As you can see, I have 678 records in my output and the tool is automatically splitting it into two files.  Is there a setting that will force it into one file or stop it from doing this?

Also, here are my output settings:

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Lurie
8 - Asteroid

I have also tried doing a max on the DateTime_Out field but that doesn't seem to help.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Mark_Lurie This may not apply in your case, but I've used DateTimeStart() to get the same Date Time for all my fields across a workflow.

VickieDex
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for this conversation!!  I started thinking about the Date/Time formula in my output.  What I found was that I had to sort my column that was used to create my individual files, then the 2nd file was not created.  This happened because I had 2 sets of data with different dates stacked with newer date at the top and older date at the bottom.

Labels