Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to Teradata Create Table Error

Nickvv
7 - Meteor

Looking to fix this error : Error: Output Data (34): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [WSock32 DLL] 10054 WSA E ConnReset

i cant seem to get this corrected. 

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The first thing to always check when troubleshooting database connectivity is the driver that you are using and how the connection is configured. What driver are you using to connect to Teradata? You can find more information about the drivers on the Alteryx Teradata data source page: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/teradata

You can use the Certified Simba Driver from the Alteryx Download Center (ideal) or the non certified download from the vendor site. Have you already tried configuring the Simba driver and trying again? 

Nickvv
7 - Meteor

To be honest i am very new to alteryx and teradata. I am using a ODBC connection that i setup within alteryx. What is a simba driver?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

No worries @Nickvv when we connect to databases our computers use what is called a driver to set up the connection information. This is a small piece of software that allows your computer to “talk” to the database. The link that I sent above talks about how Teradata is a supported source and also the appropriate drivers to use. You may already have the Teradata connection set up on your computer, but you will want to make sure that you are using one of the drivers listed. The Simba driver is the one that we recommend and this may fix your issue. 

Labels