community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Output to Shapefile does not render correctly in ArcGIS Pro

Meteor

Generated an output to shapefile using WGS 1984 projection.  However when loading it on ArcGIS Pro map, it does not load the polylines. 

Tried converting to different projections  and that didn't help.  Anyone experience this issue and have a workaround/solution?

Alteryx
Alteryx

Is that shapefile one that you can make available?  We've had trouble with file geodatabases, but not shapefiles yet (we're a little slow moving into Pro though).

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Meteor

Sure.  Here is a sample of the set.  Projection is set to "USA Contiguous Equidistant Conic". Tried it also in WGS 84, and also, converting the shp file in pro using the project tool.

Displays fine in alteryx browse, but when loading the shp file in Pro only a few dots display.

Alteryx
Alteryx

I spent a brief amount of time looking through the dataset in Pro, and it appears that all the data is there; it's just not displaying correctly.  I'm guessing that the issue pertains to using multiple geometry types within the shapefile (p 4).

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Meteor

Thanks.  I separated the shapefiles by object type to separate shp files, still same issue in Pro.  I loaded it on ArcMap and draws out fine.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Ha, sounds like one of the fun new Pro "features".  I've tried moving to Pro, but everything takes 4 times as long and works only half the time.  It's so nice that 10.6 is the last ArcMap release.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Meteor

ha the list of these Pro "features" keeps getting bigger for me.  So glad to have ArcMap as a backup

Labels