Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to PowerBI - Authentication Error Failed to Fetch

Marie_Hibbert
5 - Atom

We are having difficulting getting Alteryx to connect to PowerBI - I have entered the TenantID, ClientID, and client secret but when we select login we are met with a blank white box. Has anyone seen this before? We also get an authentication error: failed to fetch.

2019-09-17_18-55-07.png

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Probably not it, but you could try to close Alteryx and run as admin. I have had other issues similar to this in the past that this fixed it. Can you confirm that someone else has the same issue? If not - I would completely get rid of it and reinstall the connector. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
georgianadorizas
5 - Atom

Same thing is happening to me-- was deleting and reinstalling the tool the only way to solve the problem?

Marie_Hibbert
5 - Atom

We were only able to get the PowerBI to work with the older connector - haven't tried the new one recently though.

smysnbrg
8 - Asteroid

FYI, I'm still having this issue in 2021.3 with the v3.0 connector.  Submitted a case as I can't find a solution yet.  Re-installing Alteryx and the tool (as administrator) did not resolve the issue.

Labels