Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to Numbers instead of Text in excel output

rrohan90
5 - Atom

Hi! I'm exporting some data as excel output and for few columns which are actually "double" values in alteryx output when exported are converted into "text" in the excel. I need to manually then convert them into numbers in excel which is frustrating.  So is it possible to directly export these values as numbers into the excel instead of text?

Some help or guidance is appreciated. 🙂

Thanks!

Best,

Rohan

rrohan90_0-1630589957384.png

2 REPLIES 2
john_watkins
11 - Bolide

You have text and numbers mixed in the same columns so it is trying to figure it out.  One trick I use was to just acknowledge that Excel does some conversions I didn't want and export my data to CSV (all text).   I then used Imports to Excel/Access where I could specify how it was to be treated.  I wish Excel had a "trust me, I got this" button where it would just stop trying to convert to what it believes is correct.   Your other option would be a macro to assign data types, but that is a pain.   

rrohan90
5 - Atom

Thanks John

Labels