Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to Multiple Excel Files

RichD
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have about 150 manager report templates created, and I need to run my data, group by the specific manager and write out the data to the respective reports.  I know how to point the output at the correct report, but i am not sure how to build a flow that groups by manager, writes out the report, then groups by next manager, writes out, etc...  I am new to macros and was trying to do this with an iterative macro, but not sure if i understand well enough to make this work.  I thought i saw a post about doing it with a batch macro, but not sure...?  Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RichD 
Use Formula Tool to create the full path.

Path.PNG

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

While this is achievable with a batch macro, you don't necessarily need to use one. No need to overcomplicate.

You can use the option to change the output path. I dynamically built the path using a Formula tool.

echuong1_1-1606782813010.png

echuong1_0-1606782795654.png

RichD
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your guidance!

Perhaps you can help me understand an error i am getting.  When i used the output tool to direct to the file, the first report gets populated, but it doesn't look like any others do, and i get an error "encountered existing data beyond the specified range."   I dont know why i get this error, because all the files are created off the same template, and the workflow runs the same data for all the managers.  Any thoughts why i might get that error?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RichD 
We could have noticed your question if you have mentioned us. 😁

Anyway, I hope you have resolved the issue and if not, maybe below can help.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Output-tool-help/td-p/1048495

Labels