Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to Include Date Stamp

PGreaves1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having a massive struggle in trying to add a date stamp to my output.

I managed to get one solution working using a basic table and render tool but it completely changed the format of the data in the table making it unworkable.

All I want to do is to include the date (full date i.e. 28-01-2019) into the File Name e.g. Finance (plus date) .xlxs. - Finance 28-01-2019.xlxs)

I'm working exclusively with Excel as an output.

A working solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

The trick is in the Output tool:

2019-01-28 22_23_01-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow1_.png

Make sure you check "Take File/Table Name From Field" and that the field is formatted correctly so you can use it :)

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @PGreaves1!

@HenrietteH has a great Knowledge Base article on how to do this:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Dynamically-rename-output-files/ta-p/...

Note the distinction that Excel outputs work a little differently, as the rename operates on the sheet, not the file - the sample workflow attached should give you a good template. 

Thanks 

PGreaves1
6 - Meteoroid

Cheers guys!! Worked great!!

Labels