This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I too was having the "Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part" error message when opening up my Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx). This was what was causing the issue for me, and how I resolved it:
After having Alteryx output onto my .xlsx file by using the "Overwrite Sheet (Drop)" option, I was then going in to the .xlsx file and adding some columns manually in the spreadsheet (my output only had 6 columns, but I was then manually populating the 27-32 columns and then hiding them).
Then, if I tried running Alteryx again, I believe the issue occurred because Alteryx didn't know how to drop the newly run output onto the sheet where I'd added the additional columns. So, my workaround was to add the additional fields in Alteryx instead, so the number of output columns doesn't change when I make my manual updates in the Excel spreadsheet.
I haven't had the "Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part" error message since I made this change. Again, this is just what worked for me... Good luck!
I know I am very late to the party but I had a similar issue today with an Excel output that would give the "we found a problem with some content" error message.
The problem with the workflow I was working with was the FixedDecimal Type seems to be causing the issue when the Size is large, in my case I had FixedDecimal Sizes greater than 40.13 being passed to the Excel output. I resized the offending Fields to be FixedDecimal Size of 40.13 and now the Excel output does not have any issues.
Typically this error comes from sheet names longer than 31 characters including spaces. So if you have take field name set for the sheet name or are using a formula to build the filepath and sheet name that's too long it'll give you the corrupt errors upon opening the file in excel.