Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to Excel error because of field contents?

Jake_NG
7 - Meteor

I have a dataset of help desk tickets. When I output to excel, I receive the following error when opening:

Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

Research on this thread indicate people having similar issues when updating a sheet with an existing pivot table, too long of a tab name, or other problems that I do not have. I took my dataset and isolated the error to a single field - a "ticket description" field which has basically all the service notes and is sometimes very long. The original data source opens fine in Excel, but when I put it in Alteryx and simply output the input file in another Excel file, it causes that error. The field type is V_WString. How come Excel can handle the lengthy field, but when Alteryx processes it it does it in a way Excel cannot handle? Is there a workaround for this? Much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

I do not know for sure but I would check the output and file type of excel output. Sounds like you may be inputting a regular .xlsx but may be outputting in a different file type such as (2003-2007) or .csv where those file types may not support the data your outputting( ie specific formulas)

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

this may be the result of the Excel Driver running out of space on a particular field - we see this sometimes on DB connections.

If this is the issue - you can use an auto-field or a select tool to trim the field size back to a smaller character count to see if that works as a workaround.

benberg
5 - Atom

Dear alteryx Community,

I am running into the same error: Worksheet corrupt - Excel asks me whether I want to repair it.

The corrupt line is: 

Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

I truncated all fields to max 60 chars. I have no formulas in my output. The sheet I am writing to is called "data". So no sheet1 exists in the output strangely. I tried renaming, deleting & re-creating the file. Also I repaired the file in Excel and just replaced the sheet in the Alteryx output tool. I included the 'wait until done'-node.

Dear Community - any other ideas?

File has roughly 100k lines and the output size is aprox. 27 mega.

Aviator0807
8 - Asteroid

@benberg Did you happen to find a solution to your problem? I am having a similar issue. 

moriorenaws
5 - Atom

Having similar issue and no one to talk to in Alteryx Support. Please help

Labels