Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to Excel - Field Containing URL

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to export a standard Excel sheet but one of the fields contains an hyperlink.  When the user opens up the file, I need the URL to show up as an hyperlink (in blue and underlined).  This only happens if I edit the field in Excel.  Attached is my simple workflow.  Should I be using another tool other than "Output Data"?  I attached a sample workflow.

Current and required results

Output to Excel.pngOutput to Excel2.png

Regards,

Pascal

3 REPLIES 3
ShawnM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Pasccout,

I think there might be two possible ways to achieve what you are looking for, both of which require use of the Reporting tools.  Specifically the Report Text tool, which gives you the ability turn the URL sting in your data into a link, or you can just use this tool to make the fields in your URL column Blue and Underlined.  The attached workflow demonstrates both options.  Both options require you to use the Report Text tool, the Table tool, and the Render tool.

If you want the results of the attached workflow to generate an Excel file in your folders, change the configuration in the "Output Mode" on the Render tool (pictured below).  Right now it is set to Render a temp Excel file, but you can change it to render physical file on your desktop.

Render Tool.jpg

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Thank you

szkz
6 - Meteoroid

I have similar case where attached is the input excel file where column document name and document number is having hyperlink attached to it.  Need help in related to how to retain hyperlinks in those two column in the output excel file

Labels