community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Output template with Pivot table getting corrupted

Meteoroid

Hi All,

As per my use case I have to update source Data into a dedicated source data tab in a File having Pivot tab utilizing Source data tab. Once I paste the desired data-set into Source Tab and try to open the file, I am getting an error "We found some problem with the content "<file name">. DO you want us to try to recover........"

I have tried with newly created File (creating Pivot from the fresh). However getting same error. Any suggestion?

Additional Details:

When I open the corrupted File, a pop-up window appears with message:

Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part (Calculation properties)

Listing Repair Details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">

<logFileName>error118240_01.xml</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file '<File Full Path>'</summary>

-<removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:">

<removedRecord>Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part (Calculation properties)</removedRecord>

</removedRecords>

</recoveryLog>

Quasar
Quasar

Your pivot table, is the source an actual excel table? If so, Alteryx is not writing the data to your "table" which is a named item/range in Excel (something like [Table1]). Alteryx is overwriting the data in the space on the tab you are telling it to. So, that means that part/all of that table is being overwritten and your pivot table no longer has something to refer to. I think this error may specifically be coming from the fact that part of this table still exists but it doesn't know what to do.

Labels