Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output results in a excel file but in separate spreadsheets

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to output the results in a single excel file but in separate spreadsheets.

I am using four Summarize tool to fetch the distinct count of four specific columns and then output it in a single excel file but in separate spreadsheets.

Please let me know how to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Prashant_Raju 

In the output tool, configure your excel output as usual.

At the bottom of the config pane for the output tool, select 'take file/table name from field', selecting your summarise field and choosing the drop-down to 'Change file/table name'.

This will create one spreadsheet, with 4 tabs - one for each distinct grouping.

See the attached workflow for an example.

Hope this helps?

Thanks 

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @DavidThorpe,

Thanks for replying however I am using four summarize tool to carry out to four different functions and then output the results in a single.

Please refer the screenshot in the attachment. Thanks!

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Makes sense, please see the attached.

This version is set to 'Overwrite Sheet (drop)' In option 3 of the configuration options.

Hopefully this should work for you!

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much that resolved my issue.

Appreciate it! Have a great day ahead.

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Excellent!

Likewise, have a great day - thanks.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You might run into problems writing to 2 or more Sheets of the same excel file at the same time, i.e. if your datasets get a little bigger. You can then either:

1. Use block until done tools to write one sheet at a time.

2. Recombine the 4 different datasets with a Union Tool with a field that indicates which Sheet each set belongs to and use @DavidThorpe's first option.

Labels