Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output results in a excel file but in separate spreadsheets

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to output the results in a single excel file but in separate spreadsheets.

I am using four Summarize tool to fetch the distinct count of four specific columns and then output it in a single excel file but in separate spreadsheets.

Please let me know how to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Prashant_Raju 

In the output tool, configure your excel output as usual.

At the bottom of the config pane for the output tool, select 'take file/table name from field', selecting your summarise field and choosing the drop-down to 'Change file/table name'.

This will create one spreadsheet, with 4 tabs - one for each distinct grouping.

See the attached workflow for an example.

Hope this helps?

Thanks 

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @DavidThorpe,

Thanks for replying however I am using four summarize tool to carry out to four different functions and then output the results in a single.

Please refer the screenshot in the attachment. Thanks!

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Makes sense, please see the attached.

This version is set to 'Overwrite Sheet (drop)' In option 3 of the configuration options.

Hopefully this should work for you!

Prashant_Raju
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much that resolved my issue.

Appreciate it! Have a great day ahead.

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Excellent!

Likewise, have a great day - thanks.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You might run into problems writing to 2 or more Sheets of the same excel file at the same time, i.e. if your datasets get a little bigger. You can then either:

1. Use block until done tools to write one sheet at a time.

2. Recombine the 4 different datasets with a Union Tool with a field that indicates which Sheet each set belongs to and use @DavidThorpe's first option.

Labels